Colonel Brandon on Ravelry (no account necessary)
Available in Jane Austen Knits 2015 $14.99 (print and instant dowload)
What you'll love about knitting Colonel Brandon:
- Seamless design worked in the round means you are always looking at the front of your work and can better keep track of all those cables
- The cable patterns are aligned, which means you work the "action" rounds all together - it's easier to keep track of what you're doing this way
- The hybrid yoke cleverly shapes the sweater to the body while still showing off those wonderful cables
What you'll love about wearing Colonel Brandon:
- Garter stitch collar/cuffs/hem provide a clean finish
- Hybrid yoke creates lovely square shoulders
- Cables tell the story of Colonel Brandon's romantic life
Size/Finished Measurements38 1/4 (41 1/4, 45 1/4, 48 1/2, 54 1/4, 58 1/4)" bust/chest circumference. Sweater shown measures 38 1/4".
- Brooklyn Tweed Shelter (100% wool; 140 yd [128 m]/1 3/4 oz [50 g]): birdbook (medium green), 10 (11, 12, 14, 15, 17) skeins.
- US6 (4 mm): 16" and 29" circular (cir) and set of doublepointed (dpn). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Stitch markers
- Removable markers
- Cable needle
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- Tapestry needle
Gauge18 sts and 25 rnds = 4" in St st; Hartshorn Cable chart = 3" wide; 16 sts of Double Moss Stitch chart = 4" wide; Alternating Cable chart = 1 1/4" wide; 12 sts of Wave of Honey chart = 2 1/4" wide.
- casting on
- binding off
- cabling (I highly recommend learning how to cable without a cable needle)
- following cable charts
Thanks!Many thanks to the entire staff at Jane Austen Knits/Interweave/F + W Media
Purchase your copy of Jane Austen Knits 2015 today at your favorite LYS or directly from Interweave.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy knitting!