- Kathleen’s yarn is Camelot in the Orkney colorway from Round Table Yarns.
- The adorable ruler is from the Ravelry Mini Mart and made by Katrinkles on Etsy.
- This is a great Magic Loop photo tutorial from Tin Can Knits. (Save it for when we do the pullover season of The Sweater.)
- A little more on integrated button bands. And, yes, you do work buttonholes on both bands as you go, so you'll know *exactly* where to sew on your buttons.
- If you want to learn more about spins and plies and weights of yarn, Clara Parkes’s first book, Knitter's Book of Yarn, is an excellent way to get started.
- And now that you know all about yarn, you might be interested in learning more about the wool itself from the Knitter's Book of Wool.
- Breed-specific yarns hand-dyed in beautiful shades from Sheepspot.
- Does your new project need a new bag? My friend Alex makes lovely ones!
Visit The Sweater to sign up for the newsletter and get your free Solstice Cardi pattern*
Share your project on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with hashtag #kdsweater
*Free pattern available until 25 March 2016. After that date Solstice Cardi will be available for purchase from my Ravelry shop.
music: Cafe Parisien with accordion iStock.com/frobisher
Kathleen is wearing Sotherton, originally published in Jane Austen Knits, Summer 2012. Pattern available here.