Infinite $7 on Ravelry (no account necessary)
Your very own mohair cloud! Just one skein of your favorite brushed mohair yarn will give you this perennially popular accessory: an infinity scarf. Wear it long like a super-drapey cowl, double it up for that casual scarf look, or pull the second wrap up over your head like a smoke ring.
What you'll love about knitting Infinite:
- You get to use that luscious skein of Kidsilk Haze or any other mohair/silk blend yarn that's been hanging out in your stash or calling to you at your LYS.
- Working in the round means you just knit, knit, knit (with a couple of super-simple rounds for variety).
- Provisional cast-on means you'll bind off both ends in the same way - top and bottom of your cowl will match
What you'll love about wearing Infinite:
- You get to wear that beautiful yarn right where it belongs - around your gorgeous face!
- Surprise! Infinite squishes down to almost nothing at all yet keeps you warm and toasty on a cold day.
- You can wear it three ways:
- drapey long cowl
- doubled-up scarf
- dramatic smoke ring
15 inches high x 38 inches around
Rowan Kidsilk Haze (70% Super Kid Mohair, 30% Silk; 229 yards/25 grams) in Majestic #589
US9/5.5mm 29-inch circular needle (ndl)
Gauge in Stockinette Stitch
12 sts x 24 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette Stitch
Knitting in the round
Decreasing (knitting two together*)
*With these two moves under your belt, you're ready for lace!
Photography: Nicholas Dames
Thanks for stopping by, and happy knitting!