Aphros $7 on Ravelry (no account necessary)
Lace is a wonderful project for travel—one ball of yarn, one set of needles—whether you’re flying across the country or washed up on a deserted island. And Aphros (Greek for “sea foam”) is an airy and elegant stole that can serve as cover for your evening gown or over-sized scarf for your everyday ensemble. Gently undulating seafoam stitch, simple yet beautiful, forms the body, while a lacy edging adds a graceful flourish to the ends.
What you'll love about knitting Aphros:
- Gorgeous Seafoam pattern is a fancy-looking version of Garter Stitch, so it's easy-peasy knitting that only looks complicated
- Quills edging is a fun bit of intermediate-level knitting that will expand your skill set and make the stole truly elegant
- One skein of yarn + one needle + one pattern = perfect travel knitting!
- This is the perfect pattern to begin your lace adventures: by beginning with the Seafoam pattern, you will get used to working with skinny yarn on larger needles, and once you've mastered that, you will be ready for the lace edging
What you'll love about wearing Aphros:
- a lightweight stole is always useful
- it will scrunch up to fit in your purse yet is large enough to wrap up your shoulders on a chilly evening
- lightweight fabric also allows you to wrap around your neck without a lot of bulk - perfect for adding a pop of color to your outfit
65 x 18 inches after blocking
madelinetosh tosh lace [100% superwash merino wool; 950 yards/868 meters per 120g skein]; color: Kelp; 1 skein
US3/3.25mm 24-inch circular needle (ndl)
Gauge in Seafoam
46 sts x 24 rows = 7 x 4 inches
Working lace from charted or written instructions
Tech Editing: Joeli Caparco
Photography: Nicholas Dames
Thanks for stopping by, and happy knitting!