All my backlist patterns are receiving an upgrade this summer! First to receive a nip and tuck is my favorite New Baby gift: Babe in the Mist - a small blanket perfect for cribs, strollers, and car seats.
Babe in the Mist $7 on Ravelry (no account necessary)
Wrap your littlest buccaneer in a blanket of Mist Drops to keep baby safe from discovery, whether on board ship or tucked away on a desert island. Every edge of this cozy cover undulates so baby will become accustomed to the waves, and both sides of this pattern are beautiful, so no worries about which side is best. A washable wool blend makes this a practical, not-too-heavy, and easy-to-care for blanket for your babe.
What you'll love about knitting Babe in the Mist:
- one stitch pattern (Mist Drops) that is interesting to work and which you will quickly master
- increases and decreases create a lovely, rippling edge
- blanket looks beautiful on both sides
- Mist Drops is provided in both charted and written forms, so you can choose the version that works for you
- quick to work up in worsted weight yarn
What your recipient will love about Babe in the Mist
- "Such a pretty stitch pattern!"
- "I love that it's reversible."
- "This is the perfect size to always have with us."
- "It's washable? Thank you so much!"
30 x 25 inches after blocking
- Berocco Vintage [50% Acrylic, 40% Wool, 10% Nylon 217 yards/206 meters per 100 gram skein]; color: Mochi; 3 skeins
- US8/5.0mm 29-inch circular needle
- Waste yarn in similar weight
- Stitch marker(s)
- Tapestry needle
Gauge19 sts x 16 rows = 3¾" wide x 3" high = one repeat of Mist Drops pattern
- Casting on
- Binding off
Technical editing: Joeli Caparco
Everything you need to create your own beautiful Babe in the Mist is provided in the professionally formatted (by me!) pattern. Both written and charted versions of the Mist Drops stitch pattern are included.
Lovely knitters who purchased this pattern when it was originally released should have received a message from Ravelry that the updated version of the pattern is now in your library. Don't miss the special customer coupon code!
Thanks for stopping by, and happy knitting!