Welcome to the Santorini Collection in collaboration with Juniper Moon Fibers!
Last summer I designed a group of patterns that would be perfect to knit before, during, or after a trip to the island of Santorini. JMF has some great summer yarns (linens and cottons), as well as lovely wool and alpaca blend yarns, which were a great jumping off point for items to pack in your suitcase, knit on the ferry, or simply remind you of a special place. All the yarns in this collection come in gorgeous hues, but I stuck to the classic blues and white of Greece to tie all the patterns together.
From left to right, top to bottom:
- Akrotiri - a three-color cowl with a variety of stitch patterns in Findley DK (merino silk) and the site of a Bronze Age town preserved in ash from the great volcanic eruption
- Assyrtyko - a cap-sleeve tee with stitch pattern reminiscent of grapes in Zooey DK (cotton/linen) and a grape varietal found on the island
- Atlantis - a bottom-up long-sleeve raglan pullover with openwork bands in Zooey Twist (cotton/linen) and the storied identity of Santorini in ancient times
- Caldera - a poncho with openwork details in Cumulus (cotton) and the main draw, view-wise, of Santorini
- Faros - a bottom-up raglan cardigan with diamond lace detail in Cumulus (cotton) and the lighthouse at the southern tip of the island
- Imerovigli - a striped circular yoke pullover with contrasting deep collar and cuffs in Dromedary (merino/camel) and beautiful village on the island popular with honeymooners
- Kamari - top-down triangle shawl with garter-stitch bands in Moonshine (alpaca/wool/silk) and a beautiful black-sand beach on the east side of the island
- Mati - a center-out circular blanket with rings of three colors in Neve (cotton) and the charm against the evil eye found everywhere in Greece
- Nea Komeni - a hat and fingerless mitts set with ribbon lace panel in Dromedary (merino/camel) and the volcanic island in the center of the caldera
- Oia - a wide-stripe shawl with zigzag lace in Findley (silk/merino) and the famous sunset town with marble sidewalks and photogenic windmills
- Perissa - a three-color stole with ribbon lace in Moonshine (alpaca/wool/silk) and one of Santorini's beaches
- Perivolos - a shrug/bolero/skirt with diamond lace and multiple ways to wear in Zooey Twist (cotton/linen) and another special Santorini beach
- Therasia - a bias-knit skirt with i-cord tie in Zooey Twist (cotton/linen) and an island in the caldera with a monastery and small cycladic village
Putting this collection together was so much fun. There is something for just about every knitter here. Let me know your favorite in the comments. To get your copy of the patterns, visit the Ravelry bundle page (or click the pattern name links individually) or ask your LYS to stock patterns from Juniper Moon Fibers/KFI.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy knitting!