Wavelette on Ravelry $8 (no account necessary)
Wavelette is a lovely layering piece with its lace front and delicate rolled hems. Fingering-weight yarn and a loose gauge make this light as air and quicker to knit than you might think.
Crest of the Wave (provided in both chart and written form), a variation on the classic Shetland Old Shale pattern, is easy to work and so gratifying with lacy bits and waves of double-strands of pearls (purls, really). This sweater is perfect for strolling on the beach or strutting out to dinner.
What you'll love about knitting Wavelette:
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
- Lace front provides knitterly interest without being too difficult
- Very little finishing work
What you'll love about wearing Wavelette:
- Fingering weight yarn makes this a lightweight, virtually year-round sweater depending upon what you layer beneath it
- Delicate rolled hems at collar and cuff enhance the elegance of this sweater
- Show-stopping lace panel in front makes this sweater truly special
Chest: 28 (32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52) inches Shown in 36-inch with -2 inches ease.
- Louet Gems Fingering Weight [100% Merino; 185 yards/169 Meters per 50 gram skein]; color: Cloud Grey; 4 [4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9] skeins (approximately 666 [815, 977, 1145, 1325, 1509, 1685] yards)
- US6/4.0mm 32-inch/80 cm circular needle
- Set of US2/2.75mm double-pointed needles (DPNs)
- Waste yarn
- Stitch markers
- Coil-less safety pins or other removable stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
24 sts x 26 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette stitch on larger needle
- casting on
- binding off
- working in the round
- following written or charted instructions for Crest of the Wave Lace pattern (both included)
Technical Editing: Karen Clark
Test Knitting: 100creations, lalalaclaire, mythik, villageknitting
Photography: Nicholas Dames
Everything you need to create your own beautiful Wavelette is provided in the professionally designed (by me!) pattern. Both written and charted versions of the Crest of the Wave Lace stitch pattern are included.
Lovely knitters who purchased this pattern when it was originally released should have received a message from Ravelry that the updated version of the pattern is now in your library. Don't miss the special customer coupon code!
Thanks for stopping by, and happy knitting!