Bloc Pulli on Ravelry $8 (no account necessary)
If you have a weakness for amazing-colored sock yarn and a known aversion to knitting socks, what are you to do? Knit yourself a Bloc Pulli! Contrasting cuffs shaped with short rows and a garter stitch edging at the collar set off that sock yarn from a straightforward body with a round yoke that doesn’t distract from the gorgeous color blocking.
What you'll love about knitting Bloc Pulli:
- Short-row shaping on the long cuffs is fun to work
- Sometimes you want a bit of in-the-round comfort knitting - you've got it! Nary a purl in sight (just three purl half rows to raise the back of the neck)
- Sideways-knit collar means no tight (or fiddly) bindoff plus you've mastered a wonderful and useful technique
What you'll love about wearing Bloc Pulli:
- Color blocking!
- Lightweight yarn makes this a great multi-season sweater you'll reach for all the time
- Though not fitted in the body, the properly-sized yoke ensures you'll look pulled together
Women’s XS, S, M, L, 1X, 2X, 3X (shown in size M with 4” ease)
Chest circumference: 32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56 inches
- MC: Harrisville Designs Shetland (100% Wool; 217 yards/198 Meters per 50 gram skein); color: Midnight; 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7 skeins
- CC: Madeline Tosh Tosh Sock (100% Superwash Merino; 395 yards/361 meters per 114 gram skein); color: Tomato; 1 skein for all sizes (50g skein of fingering-weight yarn is sufficient for XS, S, and M sizes)
- US3/3.25mm 29-inch circular needle
- US6/4.0mm 29-inch circular needle
- Set of US6/4.0mm DPNs
- Waste yarn or stitch holders
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
20 sts x 28 rows = 4 inches in MC in Stockinette stitch on larger needle
24 sts x 48 rows (24 ridges) = 4 inches in CC in Garter stitch on smaller needle
- Casting on
- Binding off
- Short rows
Technical Editing: Karen Clark
Test Knitting: voodikon, ryam
Photography: Nicholas Dames
Everything you need to create your own beautiful Bloc Pulli is provided in the professionally designed (by me!) pattern.
Lovely knitters who purchased this pattern when it was originally released should have received a message from Ravelry that the updated version of the pattern is now in your library. Don't miss the special customer coupon code!
Thanks for stopping by, and happy knitting!