Even though it's 75 degrees on November 6th here in New York City, my thoughts have turned irrevocably towards cozy, wintry knits (apologies to my friends in the Southern Hemisphere). Hopefully the weather will cooperate, and I can soon feel comfortable knitting and wearing my woolies. To put me in the proper mood, I've found five lovely and clever cape patterns that would be perfect for the weather I'm hoping for. Each of these patterns has special details that make them stand out in any crowd.
- Arien of Dorthonion Capelet by The Jane Victoria $5 USD
- Lothlorien Cape by Susan Pandorf $8 USD
- Emily Capelet by Ysolda Teague £3.75 GBP (about $5.84 USD)
- Yoked Cycling Capelet by Tanya Seaman $6 USD
- Jasper Wrap by Jennifer Lang C$6 CAD (about $4.68 USD)
All images from patterns' Ravelry pages. No copyright infringement intended. I just want to share the love!
And a cape + cowl set from me (this one's free!):
- Caught in the Rigging by Kathleen Dames FREE on Knitty.com
Have you knit a cape? Or do you think these are ponchos? Let me know your favorite in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy knitting!