Mermaid's Mitts on Ravelry $7 (no account necessary)
Even mermaids get cold hands! And these little pretties are quick to knit, light and cozy, and require just a smidgen of laceweight yarn. If you are ready to move beyond the basics but not ready for the time commitment of a shawl, you’ll flap your tail for this pair in fishtail lace.
Mermaid's Mitts are a great way to learn about working in the round (for the cuff) and back-and-forth (for the thumb opening) in a lace pattern. I provide notes, charts, and information to help you master this skill. Since these mitts only use about 80yds (10g) of laceweight yarn, they are a quick and satisfying project that adds to your skill set. Plus, covering up your wrist pulse points really does keep you warmer!
- only 10g of laceweight yarn
- master a pretty lace pattern in the round and back and forth
- quick and portable
- the lace pattern creates its own lovely cuff edge
What you'll love about wearing Mermaid's Mitts:
- so pretty
- it's amazing how much warmer you feel when you cover your pulse points
- perfect for adding a splash of color to any outfit
Women’s Medium/Large (modeled with 1 inch negative ease)
Palm: 6 1/2-inch circumference; Length: 6 1/2 inches
- madelinetosh tosh lace [100% Superwash Merino Wool; 950 yards/868 meters per 118 gram skein]; color: Baltic; 1 skein
- US2/2.75mm set of five DPNs
- Stitch marker(s), tapestry needle
24 sts x 40 rows = 4 inches square in Fishtail Lace
- casting on
- binding off
- working in the round
- working back and forth
- following written or charted instructions for Fishtail Lace pattern (both included)
Technical Editing: Joeli Caparco
Photography: Nicholas Dames
Everything you need to create your own beautiful Mermaid's Mitts is provided in the professionally designed (by me!) pattern. Both written and charted versions of the Fishtail Lace stitch pattern are included.
Lovely knitters who purchased this pattern when it was originally released should have received a message from Ravelry that the updated version of the pattern is now in your library. Don't miss the special customer coupon code.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy knitting!