Quadrille on Ravelry $8 (no account necessary)
With gracefully waving Hourglass and Hollow Oak patterns, Quadrille will have you dancing in no time. Feminine waist-shaping and 3/4 sleeves ensure they know you are the "lady", even when you take the lead.
Originally inspired by a knitted Irish wool vest my grandmother brought back from Ireland, Quadrille highlights the delightful Hollow Oak cable with its waving stitches, bobbles, and seed stitch. But I thought we needed a little something MORE, so Hourglass stitch fills the front panel and wends its way up the sleeves. To streamline the design a little, the underside of the sleeves, sides, and back are in Stockinette Stitch, which made room for waist shaping to make this figure-flattering.
Of course you can always leave off the waist-shaping, if that's not for you. Or make the sleeves (and/or body) longer to fit YOU.
What you'll love about knitting Quadrille:
- worked bottom-up in the round, which makes for an almost finish-free knit
- bobbles, cables, and twisted stitches make the knitting fun without being overwhelming
- ribbing at hem, cuffs, and collar flows smoothly into/out of the main stitch patterns
What you'll love about wearing Quadrille:
- DK weight sweater is the perfect weight for multiple seasons, especially with 3/4 sleeves
- waist shaping makes for a figure-flattering knit
- collar is slightly dropped in the front to highlight your collar bones
Finished bust circumference 33¼ (36¼, 39¼, 42¼, 46¾) inches; shown in size 36¼ inches with 1¾ inches of negative ease
- Yarn Love Yarn Amy March DK (100% wool; 280 yd/4 oz): Cranberry, 4 (5, 5, 6, 7) skeins
- US5 (3.75 mm): 16-inch and 29-inch circulars and set of double-pointed
- Removable markers
- Cable needle (optional)
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- Tapestry needle
20 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette
23 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches in Hourglass pattern
15-st Hollow Oak chart = 2¾ inches wide
- casting on
- binding off
- working stitches out of order (cabling)
- following charts for cables
Previously published in Interweave Knits Winter 2015
Photography: Nicholas Dames
Thank you for purchasing this pattern!
Everything you need to create your own beautiful Quadrille is provided in the professionally designed (by me!) pattern. Charted versions of the Hourglass and Hollow Oak stitch patterns are included.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy knitting!