On the High Seas on Ravelry $7 (no account necessary)
Sometimes it’s a little chilly at the helm of your ship. Or perhaps you want to drape a little something across your shoulders (for modesty?) to greet that boarding party. A shawlette is just the thing. This one uses your favorite sock yarn and the beautiful Crest of the Wave lace pattern, which has enough “lace action” to keep you interested without being so complex that you can’t keep an eye on the horizon. I’ve written out the chart, so if charts don't work for you, you’re out of excuses!
What you'll love about knitting On the High Seas:
- 1 needle + 1 skein of yarn (choose one you love!) = yards and meters of pleasurable knitting
- Crest of the Wave is a wonderful lace with one "action" round to remember that gives you a beautiful undulating edging
- Worked top-down from a center tab makes for an easy beginning with a pleasant stretch of Stockinette knitting before to reach the lace excitement
What you'll love about wearing Upon the Spanish Main:
- Wide-triangle shape is perfect for style or warmth: wear it any time of year as a shawl as I've shown here or bandit-style filling in the neckline of your coat all Winter long
- Perfect for adding a pop of color to your outfit
- Makes a lovely gift for someone special on your list (only one skein of sock yarn!)
Width: 64 inches Depth: 20 inches
- Laughing Rat Studio Superwash Merino Sock Yarn [100% superwash merino wool; 435 yards/398 meters per 109g skein]; color: Pacific; 1 skein
- US5/3.75mm 24-inch circular needle
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
22 sts x 30 rows = 4 inches square in Stockinette St.
- casting on
- binding off
- following written or charted instructions for Crest of the Wave lace pattern (both included)
Photography: Nicholas Dames
Everything you need to create your own beautiful On the High Seas is provided in the professionally designed (by me!) pattern. Both written and charted versions of the Spanish Lace stitch pattern are included.
Lovely knitters who purchased this pattern when it was originally released should have received a message from Ravelry that the updated version of the pattern is now in your library. Don't miss the special customer coupon code!
Thanks for stopping by, and happy knitting!